In 2016 alone, the use of video accelerated at a phenomenal rate with 66% of businesses using video as a marketing tool and 91% of these businesses planning to increase or maintain their spending on video in 2017.
As with social media, the use of videos as a marketing tool to roll out content has become a cornerstone of marketing plans with immense benefits. Currently, online videos have accounted for over 55% of all mobile traffic and this is set to rise to surpass 75% by 2020, therefore video marketing should not be overlooked as it can play a massive part in delivering much-needed content and vital connection to your customers.
Why would you want to use video? Well firstly, the numbers that support the use of videos (as shown above) are staggering – plus 84% of consumers say that watching videos have given them more confidence to make a purchase. Now if these figures are not already persuading you, then according to an article by Dream Grow an online and content marketing company, these following 8 reasons should give you further insight into the growing trend:
1. Video boosts interaction, sales and conversion – think of it this way, sight is our most dominant of senses and most information transmitted to our brain is visual so sharing information with your customers visually is a sure fire way to grab their attention.
2. Are a great Return On your Investment – Even if your videos are not of the best quality or highly stylised 76% of businesses that used video last year reported that video provided a good return on investment.
3. Builds trust with customers – One of the main premises behind content marketing is building relationship and building trust is fundamental in this process. Videos are a great way to engage and ignite thought and emotions. Using videos to show your customers how your products and services work
4. Increases your SEO – Google loves video and as Google now owns YouTube this has influenced how much video affects your search engine ranking. According to Moovly an online multimedia platform you are now 53x more likely to show up on page 1 of Google if you have a video on your website. Customers are more likely to spend time on your website when you have videos and this longer exposure can lead to building trust with your customers as well as signals to search engines that your site has good content.
5. Videos appeals to mobile users – with over 43million mobile phone users in the UK alone, consumers can “grab and go” and not have to wait until they are sat in front of a computer to watch your content.
6. Video can explain everything – How to videos are the most popular videos with 79% of consumers saying that they would rather watch an explainer video to learn about a product than read text on a page, and 97% of business that use explainer videos expressing that the video has helped to increase user understanding of their product or service.
7. Engage even the laziest of buyers – as mentioned above, videos are a great tool for learning, and more importantly, it is easy to consume. This means that even for the people with the “busiest” lives who won’t want to be bogged down with long text heavy content, you are able to reach, connected with and engage with them.
8. Encourage social shares – more than 3 in 4 people would share a video with their friends/colleagues if it were entertaining. 2 in 3 would share a video if it was informative and more than 1 in 2 would share a video if it was inspirational. Therefore entertain, inform and inspire your customers and especially in the B2B space, it is even more important to bring your videos alive.
The use of video is only going to increase and you do not want to be left behind. Get in touch with us to find out more about how we can help you achieve your marketing goals visually: email@example.com